How do I replace the latch spring on my 7000 Series reel?
1. Remove all spring tension from the reel by removing the bumper assembly and allowing the spool to un-wind completely.
2. Turn off inlet pressure to reel and remove inlet plumbing.
3. Remove set-screw which holds main shaft from hub on the base assembly.
4. Slide the spool and springcase and shaft assembly away from base.
5. Latch assembly should then be visible and accessible.
6. Remove old spring, re-attach new spring with large loop over latch stud bushing and small loop through the end of the latch pawl. DO NOT USE pliers or similar tools as they may cause damage to the latch spring during install and shorten service life.